Hi!
So i'm sorry I havent posted in a while, its been a busy 2 weeks! Right now I'm just taking a little study break from writing my essay for my botany class to post this. Everything is going really well, I'm just trying to get all of my work done before the mid-semester break which starts in a week and a half. I'm going to travel around the south island i am SO excited!!:) My classes are going well, but I HATE writing papers...ive skipped out on it so far at AC bc I havent taken any humanities so far but here I have one in every class:( boo! I had my first Maori singing assessment last Monday....ok so we all know singing is NOT my thing....but i thought i was doing alright and then i looked up and the guy grading me was writing a ton of stuff on my paper. haha, well see how i did? So last weekend I went to an Otago rugby game which was really cool but I still like football better:) It was weird to watch a totally new sport I had never seen before. I have really been making friends, yall would be proud of samantha:) Last night they made me a 'real kiwi dinner' with kumara(maori potatoes, kinda like sweet potatoes), regular potatoes, lamb, broccoli, green beans, and self-saucing chocolate pudding. They even made me try new zealand coke and cookies, it was really cute and so sweet of them. On the subject of food, i am learning! yall are gonna be so surprised when i come back and can actually cook a meal! haha I am also getting better-not used to- better with the cold.....i still havent spent one night outside of my sleeping bag haha, its pretty sad actually. I now have a hot water bottle with a furry pink cover that keeps me warm at night. They thought I was crazy that I didnt know what a hot water bottle was, sorry we have heating where i come from!!! I've gone to the SPCA here two times so far because I have been having puppy withdrawls:( like really badly. The first time I went they made me clean out the cat cages which was not fun. so then I told the lady i wanted to do something with the dogs and i got to play with the puppies. The puppies are kept in a shed like place so they are covered but still outside, its sad:( So I was in this shed thing all alone with these 3 puppies and a momma dog and as i was holding this adorable little one who was licking my neck i just started bawling because i miss mine so much:( it was pretty pitiful..I went back again 2 days ago with Bessie and played with the puppies again and took them on walks. They are SOOO cute and i really wish they could come to texas! I think I'm going to go every week for sure.
I love yall so much! miss you!
<3 mantha
No comments:
Post a Comment