Hey yall!
So ive had the most amazing past few weeks here in New Zealand! It was our mid-semester break and Matt was able to come visit me! We all traveled around the south island and did a full-day hike of the Fox Glacier in the northwest of the south island, went to queenstown, hiked A LOT of places, hiked one of new zealand's great walks the Routeburn Trek, stayed in random backpackers(thats what they call hostels), ate random food, went to Larnach Castle, saw a huge, beautiful waterfall, a tour of the Cadbury Chocolate factory(free samples were provided:) yall know i was all over that!), went to the coolest museum ive ever been to, went to Baldwin St and walked up it-the steepest street in the world!, acquired a new love for real coffee and hot tea, saw a ton of sheep, went to the beach, had a real kiwi bbq.....the list goes on and on! It seriously was probably the most fun trip ever! Fox Glacier was absolutely amazing, they split you up into a few groups and you each get a guide. They fit you with crampons to walk on the ice with and you have to be really careful-as my guide put it "if you fall in that crack you will die." Then it started raining a LOT while we were on the glacier and although it was gorgeous to watch, it was probably the coldest i have ever been. Water was sloshing around in my boots and I couldnt feel my toes, but hey it was totally worth it and i warmed up eventually! Over break I took so many awesome pictures....I swear it seems like everywhere i go in this country i am inside a postcard! Everything is SO pretty! School is going well and ive hit the 1/2way mark-on the downhill slope now. Ill be home the evening of November 15th just in time for my own humongous bowl of mashed potatoes for thanksgiving:) I cant believe I have been here so long, time goes by so fast but so slow at the same time! The good news is that it is starting to warm up here, every day seems to get better and I am so thankful to not have to wear longjohns under my jeans the past few days! I am running my first half-marathon here this sunday and I am really excited about it! My only goal is just not to walk and finish the race. I get a cool t-shirt too so im happy about that-yall know how I am about tshirts! Well i'm going to bed now and yall are just about to wake up....its so crazy how the time change is. I love yall and miss you! Hope everything is going well. Know I am thinking about yall all the time and I wish you could experience all of the amazing things I have, but I guess pictures and stories will just have to do :) <3, mantha
No comments:
Post a Comment